We’ve been sitting, waiting for bug reports to come in on the pre-release versions of ProofBuddy. The pre-release versions of ProofBuddy 2.1 were downloaded around 250 times. And we’re tired of waiting. Okay, really any known bugs have been squashed and our internal tests have turned up nothing new since the 4th beta of 2.1; so we’re ready to release.
We’ll get a full list of new features out, but here are a few for now.
- Flash Uploader – Instead of the simple file field, there is now a Flash uploader that should fix all sorts of issues. On the backend, ProofBuddy thinks that each file uploaded through Flash is an individual file so the file size limits are not there. Plus, you can select as many files as you want. ProofBuddy will queue them up and upload one at a time. The FTP option is still there though.
- Image processing hooks – We’ve made the image uploading process much more open to plugins. For now, you won’t see much difference. But the new hooks open up the possibility for plugins to work with images while they’re uploading.
- Error page – At the request of several users, we’ve simplified the page that comes up when ProofBuddy comes up with an error. It is now just simple black text rather than the page with the ProofBuddy logo in previous versions.
- Plugin and Theme installer – You can now browse the theme and plugin libraries from within ProofBuddy and install directly by entering your FTP information.
- Currency Symbols – You can now change the currency symbol system wide. There are many levels of customization possible, but for a majority of users simply changing the symbol under options will be enough.
- More caching – Requests to our server for things like the RSS feed and theme and plugin lists are now cached in the database instead of in a file.
- Home folder – ProofBuddy now automatically determines where it is located on your server. This may not matter to you, but it will help if you ever need to move ProofBuddy to a new server.
Rather than re-write the instructions, I’m going to point you to the upgrade instructions on our wiki.
ProofBuddy 2.1 is a free upgrade for users who are currently using version 2.0 Pro. You will need to get in touch with us when you’re ready to upgrade so that we can update the version you have registered in our database.
You can get ProofBuddy 2.1 at our download page. You can also always visit www.proofbuddy.com/latest.zip to get the latest stable release.
Found an issue?