One of the primary new features of ProofBuddy 2.0 was a plugin system. With the new version it is relatively easy for someone with a little PHP experience to build a plugin that can add functionality to ProofBuddy, add tabs to the admin side, create custom reports, add variables to the client side, or change how ProofBuddy performs certain tasks.
Problem is, we only have about half a dozen ideas for plugins. But we're also not the ones using ProofBuddy on a daily basis for our business. You are.
So what features does ProofBuddy not currently have that you would like to see. What sort of "it would be awesome if ProofBuddy did ..." thoughts have you had using ProofBuddy. We want to know. Leave a comment below with your ideas and we'll see what we can do about getting your "what if" into a plugin.
Here's what we've got planned, or already have done...
- Comments List - View all the comments for all your images in one place.
- Twitter Feed - Adds a menu to the dashboard viewing our Twitter feed. Similar to the menu that's already there to view our blog feed. We're using Twitter as a mix between announcements for ProofBuddy and photo related news we come across and think might be of interest.
- Google Analytics - Adds Analytics tracking codes to the client side so you can use Analytics to track your client views.
- Copy default price lists. This is the one we're currently working on and should be the next released.
- Link to this image. Display a link that your clients can use to post their image into a web page or forum post, with a link back to your site of course.
- Report that will print cards with the album passcode so you have them to pass out at events.
- Report similar to the order PDF with more options for customization
- Plugin to allow you to change the PayPal graphic that's used on the checkout page